Samstag, Juli 07, 2007

bulls run in spain

i like traditions. that is just something, i cannot understand.

"They don't know what they're doing; bulls can kill," said Ruben Munoz, 24, from Madrid, who has run with the bulls during each of the last five years. "I do it for the adrenaline and because I feel liberated." (source: cnn).
aha. *bigquestionmarkinmyhead* do you feel liberated with bulls behind you who might kill you? i don't see where the fun is torturing animals. and the 10,000 spectators are not better - they're waiting for the first person who gets gored (a few hours ago it was an australian man).
today was the first day of the "festival" and already more thn 100 people were injured. since 1924 13 people have died. i don't want to know how many have been injured during that time and how many bulls were killed. stupid tradition.

running of the bulls in pictures

4 Kommentare:

Geggie hat gesagt…

It's always been one of those things I'm super interested in, but more because I'm repulsed and confused by the whole thing.

Geggie hat gesagt…

Choco, I would totally recommend Sicko for you. It was a good movie. Very imformative, and, honestly, Michael Moore is pretty entertaining...he's a good story teller.

That Squirrel hat gesagt…

It is really sad...I don't know how people find entertainment in things like this.
I agree with geggie that Michael Moore does great documentaries. But I haven't watched "Sicko" yet. I hope to.

angie hat gesagt…

I hate the bull running, and bull fighting. Maybe it's because I'm a Taurus, I don't know. I read all the Hemingway matador stories and just don't see the appeal; I find the sport to be simply tragic.